Connect with us on
Amritsari Fish by Bubbles Saighal
- Boneless Fish – 1 Kg cut into2 inch pieces
- Besan – 9 Table spoons
- Yoghurt – 3 cups
- Lemon Juice – 2 Tablespoons
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 6 Tablespoons
- Ajwain (carom seeds) – 1 ½ Teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ Teaspoons
- Salt – to taste
- Oil for frying
- Onion – cut into rings
- Mint Chutney
Marinate the fish in the salt, red chilli powder, yogurt and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
Make a thick paste with the besan, ginger and garlic paste and water.
Add the ajwain and the marinated fish to the paste and leave for another 30 minutes. Heat oil in a karahi and fry the fish, a few pieces at a time till golden brown. Drain on a kitchen towel to soak the extra oil. Serve hot with onion rings, lemon wedges and pudina chutney.
The marinade that is left after the fish pieces are removed can be saved and kept in the refrigerator for another use.