Connect with us on
Dal Makhni by Bubbles Saighal
- Whole Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala – 1 Teaspoon
- Tomato Puree – 2 cups
- Onions – 2, chopped
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Teaspoon
- Dry Kasuri Methi – 2 Tablespoons (available in all grocery stores)
- Cooking Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – to taste
Soak the dal in water for about 2 hours.
Put it in the pressure cooker with 4 cups of water and cook for 25 minutes. Lower the flame after the first whistle of the cooker. Remove from flame and open after the steam dies down.
Add the ginger garlic paste tomato puree, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala. Stir and cook for another 30 minutes or more till the dal is of the consistency you want. Then add the kasuri methi.
In a pan heat oil. Brown the onions and the cumin seeds and add to the dal.
Optional – you can add some cream or butter also.