Connect with us on
Mukand Badi or Sepu Badi by Sujata Sud Pant
- Urad Dal – ½ Cup
- Chana Dal – ½ Cup
- Mustard Oil Or Ghee – for frying
- Ghee – 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh Yoghurt – 250 Gms. beaten into a smooth paste
- Chilli Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Methi Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric – ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala – ½ Teaspoon
- Salt – To Taste
- Fresh Coriander – For Garnish
Method to make sepu badi:
Soak the urad dal and chana dal overnight.
Grind the dals into a thick paste and wrap in turmeric leaves or in aluminum foil. Steam in boiling water for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into round pieces and fry in mustard oil or ghee. This is the badi. Drain and keep aside.
In a kadhai heat the ghee and add the yoghurt, stirring constantly so that it doesn’t curdle. Once the yoghurt begins to boil, add the chilly powder, coriander powder, methi powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt. Add the badi.
Let it come to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
Garnish with fresh coriander.