Connect with us on
Kashmiri Haaq by Anand Caterers Pvt. Ltd
- Kashmiri Haaq Saag – 1 Kg
- Mustard oil – 4 Tablespoons
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 2 glasses.
- Whole red mirchi (red chilli) – 5
- Hing (asafoetida) – 1 pinch
- Meetha soda (sodium bicarbonate) – 2 pinches
Put oil in a pressure cooker and heat it on full flame till it starts smoking. Remove from the flame for 3 minutes. Add two glasses of water, salt, hing and meetha soda to maintain the green colour of the vegetable. As soon as it starts boiling, put the haaq saag leaves and wait till they start boiling vigorously.
Cover the cooker with a lid and cook it upto 6 whistles. Remove the flame and the weight at once, to maintain the green colour of the vegetable. Add the whole chillies and boil upto 3 minutes. Serve it with hot boiled rice.