Connect with us on
Kashmiri Khatte Baingan
Kashmiri Khatte Baingan by Anand Caterers Pvt. Ltd
- Long brinjals – 10
- Mustard oil – 6 Tablespoons
- Cinnamon stick – 2
- Cumin seeds (zeera) – 2 Tablespoons
- Green cardamom (elaichi) – 10
- Kashmiri red chillies – 2 Tablespoons
- Asafoetida (hing) – 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (haldi) – 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder (sookha dhaniya powder) – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt, to taste
- Dry ginger powder (saunth powder) – 2 Tablespoons
- Onions – 4, sliced
- Tomato – 2, sliced
- Fennel seeds (saunf) – 2 Teaspoons
- Coriander leaves – 1 Tablespoon, chopped
- Lime – 1, juiced
Heat oil in a kadahi. Add the cinnamon, cumin seeds, green cardamoms, kashmiri red chilies, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and little salt. Mix them well together and add little water.
Add dry ginger powder and combine them together. Add sliced onion and brinjals. Fry them well together.
Cover them and let the brinjals cook for 20 mintues. Add the sliced tomatoes, fennel seeds and little water. Let the tomatoes cook. Sprinkle the coriander leaves and lime juice. Serve the Kashmiri khatte baingan hot.