Kids Party Manners (Part II): by PlotaParty
Teach your children:
As a Guest:
- To arrive on time
- To be dressed as mentioned in the invitation
- To wish or greet their hosts and the other guests when introduced.
- To go and sit or play wherever arrangements have been made for them
- To offer to help the host
- To eat when they are asked to help themselves.
- To not take more than 1 piece of any item at a time, no matter how much they like it.
- To not stuff their mouth.
- To take bites that they can comfortably chew.
- To ask to go to the bathroom if they have dropped food on themselves to clean up.
- To say sorry to the host if they have dropped something on the floor and help to clean it up.
- To not fight with other children or shout at anyone.
- To not run around a room specially if there are older people in the room unless it has been cleared for a game.
- Say good bye to the other guests and ‘Thank You’ to their host and the parents before they leave.
As a Host:
- To be at hand to greet all their guests individually
- To mix with everyone, and not only with their best friends
- To see that their friends are served first even if it is their birthday
- To not grab the gifts that come for them
- To say thank you for each gift and send a ‘Thank You’ note later
- To not open any gift during the party
- To not criticise or compare gifts later
- To not fight with their guests no matter what the provocation
- To ask an adult to help if the guests are fighting
- To make sure all of the guests are included in the activities and no one feels left out.
- To speak nicely to everyone
- To say ‘Thank You’ and ‘Good Bye’ to all the guests at the end of the party
Previous: Kids Party Manners- Part I
Drawing of Girls Hugging Source: http://www.drawingforkids.org/