Connect with us on
Lau Chingri (Prawn Option) by Ratna Prakash
- Shrimps (small sized) – 500gm
- Gourd (Lauki) – 300 gms, tender green gourd, peeled and grated
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Green Chillies – to taste, slit (but dish should not be ‘hot’)
- Tej Patta – 1
- Garam Masala – 1 pinch
- Panch Phoran – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander Leaves – 1 Tablespoon, chopped
- Oil – 2 Tablespoons
Take 500 gms small sized shrimp and thoroughly clean and devein.
Mix the shrimp with a little salt and 1/2 teaspoon haldi and keep aside for 1/2 hour. In a little oil, fry the shrimp in batches, taking them out of the pan and draining them of excess oil the moment they turn pink. Keep aside.
Heat oil in a karahi. Add the panch phoran, slit green chilies and tej patta. Once they crackle put the grated lauki with salt into the masala and cook covered till the water has evaporated. Now put in the shrimp and mix into the lauki. Cover and cook over very low heat for 5 minutes. Add grated coconut and a little sugar. Add garam masala and take off fire. Garnish with chopped coriander.