Connect with us on
Moti Pulao by Soni Sahai
- Basmati Rice – 1/2 Kg
- Minced Mutton – 1/2 Kg
- Ghee – 300gms
- Bay Leaf – 4, ground
- Black Cardamoms – 5, ground
- Connamon – 1 1/2 inch stick, ground
- Peppercorns – 8, ground
- Cloves – 5, ground
- Green Cardamoms – 5
- Saunf Powder – 1 Teaspoon, heaped
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Red Chlili – 5, dried
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic – 1 pod
- Onion – 2
- Ginger – 1 1/2 inch piece
- Yakhni – 1 litre (made by boiling 250 gms trotters or meat bones onion, ginger, garam masala for at least 15 minutes and straining the water)
- Saffron – 1 Teaspoon, soaked in 1 Tablespoon milk
Soak the rice in water for 15 minutes. Boil the mince with all the ground spices then grind it to a fine paste. Make very small balls with the paste. Heat ghee in a karahi and deep fry the mince balls. Drain on paper and keep aside. When cool, cover a few with silver foil or varq to use as garnish (optional).
Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Put the cardamoms, cumin seeds and rice and stir a few times.
Then put the saunf and coriander powders and salt and stir. Do not let the rice brown. Now add 1 litre of the yakhni and cover the rice and cook on a low flame. When it is half done put the mince balls in the rice. Cover again and cook till the rice is done. Sprinkle the saffron over the rice to give colour and flavor.
Garnish with the varq covered mince balls, fried onions, cashew nuts and raisins.
To see the other recipes in the Avadhi Menu, click here