Connect with us on
Decorations for an indoor party are mostly in 3 areas. The Entrance, the Rooms and the Table. Use the ideas given in the list below to suit your special evening.
- Frame the main door with flowers or fabric or little lights or torans (bandhanwars).
- Have large arrangements of plants or flowers
- Line the entrance corridor with covered lights and flowers or small potted plants
- Stick colorful paper windmills into pots near the entrance, or in the garden for a garden party
- Make Alpana/rangoli arrangements in the corners and along the walls
- The corners are good for large dramatic arrangements. These could be with plants, fresh flowers, dried plants, drift wood or fabric . Use them to great effect to set off your color scheme
- The ceiling is suitable for streamers, fabrics or flowers or leaves strung on thread. Little lights or gold or silver paper or glass balls add to the impact.
- Use Streamers and balloons on the walls.
- Use colored lights to create a different mood.
- Highlight the doorways into the living and dining rooms with flowers, lights and leaves.
- Helium balloons can also be used to good effect on the ceiling and in the corners.
- The sideboard is a popular place for stunning arrangements. Here even the crockery could be arranged to great effect
- Small arrangements in the centre or at each place setting are popular for sit downs but for buffets the limit is only your imagination.
- Fruit and vegetable decoration with some flowers and leaves as a central panel.
- Small light strings around the dishes.
- Paper or satin streamers criss crossing along the tables.
- Small arrangements interspersed with candles or diyas.
- Bunches of helium balloons rising high with the base hidden with flowers.
- Petals forming alpana patterns.
- Coloured rice or dals for making a central mosaic.Use holiday souvenirs to great effect as table centres. They make for good conversation pieces too!
Pary Decorations List for Children’s Parties
- Buntings and Streamers
- Colored lights
- Metallic balls to hang
- Colorful hanging mobiles with animal, flowers or birds
- Paper cut flowers and streamers on the walls
- Khoi bags with sweets and small gifts hung from the ceiling
For the table:
- Highlight the cake in an interesting manner
- Make mats made from colored chart paper
- Hang streamers across the table
- Put confetti and glitter on the table
- Decorate each plate with something cheerful.
- Get napkins and paper plates in party themes.
- Colored Paper windmills can be put into small pots on a buffet table
Ruffled Crepe Paper picture source: https://www.tipjunkie.com/
Rangoli Picture source: https://www.urbanhomez.com
Windmills Picture source: beautifulcliche.tumblr.com
Radish Picture Source: https://www.creativescoops.com
Flowers in Bowl Picture source: https://newweddingdresstrend.com
Lemon and candle Picture source: https://files.idealhomegarden.com