Connect with us on
Restaurant Manners are a must, as often office meetings spill over into lunches and dinners in a restaurant and you don’t want to embarrass yourself or your company!
Keep these points in mind when going out for an official or a casual get-together.
For the Host
- Choose a restaurant within your budget.
- Book a table in advance.
- If you are pre-ordering the food the food, keep your guests tastes in mind.
- Dress appropriately and arrive on time.
- Always stand up when a lady joins you at the table, or when she leaves it.
- If you are inviting somebody, it is expected that you will pay the bill.
- If you plan that your guests will share the bill, let them know in advance to prevent any embarrassment.
- Never suggest to your guests, that what they are ordering is too expensive or too much.
- Never look at the price list when ordering, except subtly.
- Do not create a scene or engage in loud or abusive arguments with the waiter or manager. If something is not okay, deal with it unobtrusively.
- Do not snap your fingers to call the waiter.
- Do not be so loud that you disturb conversations at other tables.
- If you are being disturbed, quietly ask the manager to deal with the situation.
- Be attentive to people at your table.
- Let your guests order their meal before you order yours.
- Have as much alcohol as you can hold.
- Deal with any discrepancy in the bill quietly but effectively.
- Do not appear to ponder too long over the bill or tip.
For the Guest
- Arrive on time, and dress appropriately for the restaurant.
- Do not order your food from the waiter if you are a guest, but tell your host what you want, if asked.
- Sometimes the host orders the meal beforehand, in which case eat what is on offer, unless you are allergic to some food.
- Do not wipe off cutlery or glassware with your napkin. If dishes aren’t clean, ask the waiter quietly for replacements.
- When you wish to use the toilet, excuse yourself and leave quietly.
- Never complain about the food or drink. Just leave it if it is not suitable.
- When you are the guest, try and order a medium priced dish or drink. Don’t go for the most expensive.
Photo Source: https://10-most.com/the-top-10-most-expensive-restaurants-in-u-s/