Connect with us on
Shahi Tukra by Chef Deepak
- Bread – 10 slices cut in 2 pieces each
- Oil – 400 gms
- Sugar – 400 gms, mixed in 2 cups water
- Full Cream Milk – 1 ½ Litre, reduced to half
- Khoya – 400gms, crumbled
- Sugar – 100gms
- Almonds – 50gms, blanched and sliced
- Pistachio – 5 gms, chopped
- Saffron – ½ teaspoon
Heat the oil in a karahi. Deep fry the bread pieces to a golden brown and drain on paper. Keep aside. Mix the sugar and water and boil to make a syrup of 1 string consistency. Cool. Thicken the milk on a low flame to make rabri. Heat the khoya and mix it in the rabri. Add the sugar to sweeten.
Dip the fried bread in the sugar syrup, then place in a thali or flat dish with half of the thickened rabri. Put the rest on top of the slices. Garnish with the dried fruit and saffron. Chill and serve or you can also serve it warm.