Connect with us on
Haitian Stewed Chicken by Lisa Anand
- Chicken – 1 kg, boneless, cut into pieces
- Tomato paste – 2 Tablespoons
- Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Stock – 1 cup
- Garlic paste – 1 Tablespoon
- Onion paste – 1 Teaspoon
- Thyme – 1 Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Scallion paste – 1 Teaspoon
- Hot Sauce – 2 Tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 Tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
Marinate chicken overnight in the marinade prepared by mixing together the listed ingredients. Add the tomato paste to the chicken and mix. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the chicken pieces. Then add the marinade and stock and simmer till cooked. Adjust the gravy by adding more stock if needed.
Add sliced red and Green Peppers for a more colorful chicken dish.