Sindhi Tomato Kadhi by Kamla Thadani
- Tomato -1 Kg (Pureed)
- Tomato Puree -1 Cup
- Zeera Seeds-1 Teaspoon
- Hing Powder-1/2 Teaspoon
- Kari Patta-5 leaves
- Hari Mirch-4
- Besan-3 Tablespoons
- Oil-2 Tablespoons
- Gur or Sugar-To Taste.
- 5 Potatoes, cut in cubes,
- 2 Carrots cut in thick slices,
- 1 Small Piece Yam, cut in pieces,
- 2 Drum sticks,cut in 2 inch pieces,
- 10 French Beans,cut in 1 inch pieces.
Roast the besan till brown. Mix this in the Tomato puree. Add one and a half liters of water. Let it boil, stirring to form a thickish soup. Heat the oil and add the tempering of zeera, hing, curry patta and green chillies to the tomato kadhi. Add the chopped vegetables in the kadhi and cook till done. Add a little gur or sugar.
Photo source: www.betterbutter.in