Connect with us on
Zeera Aalu/Cummin Potatoes
- Potatoes – 500 gms
- Oil – 1.5 Tablespoons
- Zeera – 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Haldi Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Salt – ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Green Chillies – 4, chopped optional
- Coriander Leaves – 1 Teaspoon chopped, optional
Boil potatoes. Peel them and cut them in cubes.
Heat oil in a pan. Add the zeera. As it splutters and turns colour, add the potatoes, haldi and red chilli powder.
Sauté together for a few minutes till the potatoes are coated with the spices and slightly browned.
Add the green chillies and stir. Sprinkle the coriander and serve hot.
You can also add ½ teaspoon of amchoor (dried mango powder) along with the spices for a slightly sour taste or add a few drops of lemon along with the coriander, before serving.